Programme approach & outcomes
This programme is aimed at improving the experience of PE, school sport and physical activity (PESSPA) by creating engagimg opportunities for secondary pupils at a local level. We want to help teachers put enjoyment at the heart of their efforts to reach young people through physical activity.
During the 2021/22 academic year, the programme allows secondary schools to access a range of opportunities at no cost.
The outcomes of the programme are:
- Pupils experience a greater breadth of PESSPA. normalising the idea of staying active as they mature
- Teachers feel more confident in involving pupils in physical activity
- Professional development opportunities ensure teachers learn new skills
- The number of young people perceived to have a poor experience of PESSPA is reduced
- The school experiences a positive and sustained change in the status of physical activity