- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged five to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Active School Membership provides support to achieve the five key indicators set out by the Department for Education.
The Department for Education provides further guidance on spending and reporting of this funding. You can read the original government advice on the Primary Sport and PE Premium for 2020/21, including confirmation that unused Premium from the 2019/20 academic year can be carried forward and spent in full up to 31 March 2021.
Watch a series of short films offering a comprehensive guide to all aspects of physical activity in primary schools and maximising the use of primary PE and sport premium. These films were produced by Sport England, in collaboration with National Partners.