About the Board
The Board guides the work of Active Surrey (the Partnership) and has a clear mandate to ensure Surrey achieves a lasting legacy from major sporting events. Its role is to provide:
• Strategic Leadership & Planning: Providing clear direction for sport and physical activity in the county through the production of a Partnership strategy and business plan which motivates, inspires and drives partners.
• Advocacy: Promoting the benefits of sport / physical activity and the Partnership locally, regionally and nationally, as well as helping secure additional resources.
• Partnership Building: Opening doors for sport and for the Partnership, attracting new partners and ensuring partner commitment and satisfaction.
• Accountability: Managing performance and ensuring implementation and continuous improvement of Partnership strategies and business plans.
• Good Governance: Ensuring the Partnership meets appropriate standards of governance and manages risk appropriately.
The Board is supported by and works closely with the Partnership Director and Management team and is supported by a number of stakeholder and working groups through which the work of the organisation is developed and implemented.
- Steven Day (Chair), Head of Participati0on, the Football Association
- Sue Barham (Vice Chair), Strategic Director, Woking Borough Council
- Cllr Denise Turner-Stewart, Cabinet Member for Communities, Surrey County Council
- Paul Dimmock, Director of Commercial Services, Weydon School
- John Hubbell, CEO, Hubbell Associates
- Ruth Hutchinson, Deputy Director of Public Health, Surrey County Council
- Peter Lee, Trustee, Peter Harrison Foundation
- Campbell Livingston, Director, Active Surrey
- Kerry McDonald, Consultant, Kerry McDonald Consulting
For more information on the Active Surrey Board, click here.
- Board member (Surrey CC rep)
- Board member (Active Surrey rep)
- Board member (SCLOG rep)
- Board member (independent)
Board meeting minutes
The Board meets quarterly at various locations across the county.
The Partnership is unincorporated and as such works closely with an accountable body to act on its behalf. Surrey County Council currently fulfils this function as our “Host Authority”. Although Surrey County Council retains certain liabilities and responsibilities, particularly as employer of the Active Surrey Team, it has delegated certain responsibilities and powers to the A.S. Board.