Last updated Nov 2021
Programmes and events run by us (including but not limited to the Surrey Youth Games, Be Your Best, and workshops/training) may have their own Privacy Policies which detail specific information requested and held by us in order to deliver the projects concerned. We will indicate that a separate policy applies If your contact with us is due to one of these projects and will typically ask you for separate consent.
Information we collect
We use a number of third party systems to help us process, store and manage your data. These include:
- Capsule, (a CRM system for recording ‘Business to Business’ contact information and email and phone conversations)
- Mailchimp, (a mailing app, typically used to send newsletters and some other emails)
- Bookwhen (typically used if you book on a course or event)
- Upshot (a data capture tool used for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on programmes including but not limited to Be Your Best, Schools Leadership)
- Rider HQ (typically used to record anyone associated with the Surrey Youth Games)
- Microsoft Forms (for occasional, one-off or short-term surveys)
- Survey Mechanics (our standard tool for more complex surveys)
No third party provider has permission to use or share your information for their own purposes. For further details and to access the individual privacy policies please click on the links above.
If you register to receive one of our monthly newsletters we will specifically capture your name and email address and details of any organisation you represent.
We may collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide online feedback via Survey Mechanics, agree to take part in case studies and participate in any online competitions. Information provided in these instances may be covered by separate agreements / consent.
Our legal basis for processing your data
Legally, organisations are allowed to process personal data on six bases, any one of which may apply depending on the service you access. We will process your personal data where:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes (such as a survey, or to allow participation in an event)
- It is necessary for the performance of a sale or contract (such as a workshop booking)
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- It is necessary in order to protect your vital interests (for example emergency contact info where you are participating in an event)
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of another partner organisation (such as Sport England), except where your data rights over-ride this.
How we use the information we hold
Alongside the provision of specific services / events that will be outlined to you at the point of signing and may be covered by separate privacy notices, we may use information you have provided to:
- Help you publicise activities or clubs you tell us about
- Send you information or updates you have requested such as newsletters, or other emails
- Complete summary reports for partners such as borough and district councils, Sport England or other parts of the government on those taking part in projects we run
- Share non-sensitive information you have knowingly supplied online and in print (anonymised survey info, case study details or images from events). This non- sensitive information may be shared with partners such as borough and district councils, UK Health Security Agency (formerly Public Health), other parts of the government responsible for funding projects, Sport England, and National Governing Bodies.
- We may use our Capsule CRM system to record day to day contact information, typically this would be Business to Business emails, telephone conversations and contact information.
Active Surrey will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other organisation unless by exception, in which case it will be stated explicitly.
How long we hold the information you provide
Newsletters and other email updates will continue until you unsubscribe.
Identifiable (name, full address, email and phone number) data for Business to Business correspondence is kept within the Capsule CRM System. This is held for no more than 3.5 years, after which point it is deleted on a 6 monthly cycle.
Other events / programmes run by us but covered by their own privacy notices should be referred to for their specific timescales (ie workshop booking data, Surrey Youth Games, Be Your Best etc).
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email Bob Pritchard, Active Surrey’s information processing officer at email@example.com with the subject title ‘Data Access Request’. If you are specifically interested in the data we hold on the Capsule CRM System then address your email to Jackie Pocock, Business Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject title ‘Data Access Request Capsule’.
We want to ensure that your details are accurate and up to date, so you may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
If you are dissatisfied with our response or have a more detailed query please contact Surrey County Council’s Corporate Information Governance Manager, Grisilda Ponniah at CorporateIG@surreycc.gov.uk
How to contact us
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about this policy. For more detailed queries or questions relating to legislation surrounding the wider use of any data you provide please contact Surrey County Council’s Data Protection Officer at DPO@surreycc.gov.uk