Programmes run by us (such as the Surrey Youth Games) may have their own Privacy Policies which detail specific information requested and held by us in order to deliver the projects concerned.
Information we collect
We use a number of integrated systems to help us process, store and manage your data, these include Capsule, (a CRM system for recording ‘Business to Business’ contact information and email and phone conversations), Mailchimp, (typically used to send newsletters and some other emails) a mailing app Bookwhen (typically used if you book on a course or event), Upshot (a data capture tool used for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on programmes called BYB, Schools Leadership programme and Satellite Clubs) and Rider HQ (typically used to record anyone associated with the Surrey Youth Games). No third party provider has permission to use or share your information for their own purposes. For further details and to access the individual privacy policies please click on the links above.
If you register to receive one of our monthly newsletters we will specifically capture your name and email address and details of any organisation you represent.
Our site allows access to registration for events, such as the Surrey Youth Games. In these cases separate privacy notices will apply which will be clearly indicated as part of the registration process for that event.
We may collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide online feedback via Survey Mechanics (our survey provider), agree to take part in case studies and participate in any online competitions. Information provided in these instances may be covered by separate agreements where applicable.
To ensure the utmost safety of your Data, Passwords are updated on a regular basis and access is removed when a member of staff is no longer employed by Active Surrey.
Our legal basis for processing your data
Legally, organisations are allowed to process personal data on six bases, any one of which may apply depending on the service you access. We will process your personal data where:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- It is necessary for the performance of a sale or contract (such as a workshop booking)
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- It is necessary in order to protect your vital interests;
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of another partner organisation (such as Sport England), except where your data rights over-ride this.
How we use the information we hold
We may use information you have provided to:
- Help you publicise activities or clubs you tell us about
- Send you information or updates you have requested such as newsletters, or other emails
- Manage workshop bookings and share the information with the training provider to set up a register and / or send course information or attendance certificates.
- Complete summary reports for borough and district councils or Sport England on those attending workshops
- Share non-sensitive information you have knowingly supplied online and in print (anonymised survey info, case study details or images from events). This non- sensitive information may be shared with partners such as borough and district councils, Public Health, Sport England and National Governing Bodies.
- We may use our Capsule CRM system to record day to day contact information, typically this would be Business to Business emails, telephone conversations and contact information.
Active Surrey will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other organisation unless by exception, in which case it will be stated explicitly.
How long we hold the information you provide
For workshop bookings, we will hold your full details (excluding payment details) on Active Surrey’s system which is held on Surrey County Council’s secure servers. This full data will be held for no longer than 4 months from the date of your course. We will also keep your forename and first initial of your surname, along with details of any club you represent for no longer than 15 months for borough / district or Sport England reporting purposes.
Newsletters and other email updates will continue until you unsubscribe.
Identifiable (name and full address) data on participants in our now-terminated Elite scheme will be kept for no more than 24 months. We may keep non-name data detailing number of participants, ages, postcode, sports represented for up to 5 years.
Identifiable (name, full address, email and phone number) data for Business to Business correspondence is kept within the Capsule CRM System. This is held for no more than 3.5 years, after which point it is deleted on a 6 monthly cycle.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email Bob Pritchard, Active Surrey’s information processing officer at email@example.com with the subject title ‘Data Access Request’. If you are specifically interested in the data we hold on the Capsule CRM System then email Ellen Johnson, Business Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject title ‘Data Access Request Capsule’.
We want to ensure that your details are accurate and up to date, so you may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
If you our dissatisfied with our response or have a more detailed query please contact Surrey County Council’s Corporate Information Governance Manager, Grisilda Ponniah at CorporateIG@surreycc.gov.uk
How to contact us
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about this policy. For more detailed queries or questions relating to legislation surrounding the wider use of any data you provide please contact Surrey County Council’s Data Protection Officer at DPO@surreycc.gov.uk
Last updated July 2020