Active Surrey offer a wide range of sports leadership training and deployment opportunities to help give pupils new, practical skills which they can develop as they progress through Key Stages.
Photography, journalism and event management experience is supported through the Surrey School Games programme.
Active Schools Leadership Pathway 2018-19
The Active Schools Leadership Pathway provides an opportunity for young people across Key Stages 1-5 to develop as leaders, volunteers and even coaches. From training through to deployment, all the opportunities below build pupils' skills and enhance their personal development:
Primary (KS1 & KS2)
- *NEW* 'My First Steps to Leadership' ¹ (KS1 & KS2)
- Sports Crew Training (KS2)
- PhysiFUN Leaders Training (KS2)
- Gifted & Talented Leadership Academy (KS2)
¹ My First Steps to Leadership (for Years 2&3): first piloted at St. Polycarp's Catholic Primary School, this two hour training session introduces budding young leaders to some of the areas involved in overseeing and helping manage activities within school.
Secondary (KS3 & KS4)
- *NEW* Competition Organiser Training (KS3)
- Surrey School Games volunteering (KS3 & KS4) - see leadership opportunities calendar
- Surrey Special Schools Leading the Way (KS3 & KS4)
Surrey Young Coach Academy (KS4 & KS5)
- SYCA - membership via application
Want to know more?
For more information on our programme, see our Leadership Pathway summary sheet. To sign your young leaders up to training and events, or for further information on dates, times and venues, please contact your Active Schools Lead (formerly School Games Organiser).