Active Surrey, the Active Partnership (AP) for Surrey, was established in 1999 by Sport England and local partners as a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council. The Partnership is an inclusive, cross sector, multi-agency body involving all those with an interest in the development of physical activity.
Active Surrey is commissioned by Sport England and local partners to blend Government strategic, health and economic-related objectives with the needs of Surrey's residents. Our 2018/19 Impact Report (3MB) shows some examples of the programmes we are involved with.
A More Active County
Evidence shows that active people live more enriched lives and are healthier, happier and more prosperous. The 2015-20 Surrey Physical Activity Strategy set out our collective vision for our county. Partners from a wide range of sectors worked to increase participation rates in the whole population, but with particular focus on targeting inactivity in under-represented groups to reduce health inequalities. Find out how we are getting on. We are currently formalising the Physical Activity Strategy to take us to 2030.
As the lead agency for physical activity in the county, Active Surrey has a key role in ensuring this happens. Our 2018-21 organisational strategy provides a clear road map for Active Surrey for the period, which has been informed by analysis of a wide array of data sources (see a summary of this insight).
We will make evidence-based decisions and focus our efforts on making a real difference to the lives of local residents. Our mission is to enrich the lives of Surrey residents through sport and physical activity, helping us towards our vision of making Surrey the most active county in England.
• Influence policy, strategy and investment.
• Enable more people to be more active more often.
• Develop and connect the local infrastructure.
We are committed to making a positive difference through our values, which reflect what the team and board see as truly important.
• Enterprise: Resourceful and innovative in our search for new opportunities.
• Passion: A genuine belief that sport and physical activity can improve a person’s life.
• Integrity: Accountable for our actions and operating with honesty and fairness.
• Excellence: Performing to the highest standards.
Active Surrey Partners, Staff and Board
Active Surrey consists of a number of levels – you can find out more about each level by selecting the relevant page from the dropdown under the main 'About Us' menu item at the top of the page:
- The Active Surrey Board which provides strategic governance.
- The Active Surrey Team - the core delivery staff.