About Active Surrey
Active Surrey, the County Sports Partnership (CSP) for Surrey, was set up in 1999 by Sport England and local partners as a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council.
Active Surrey is the strategic lead for sport and physical activity for the county and we work with our partners to support the local sporting infrastructure. Active Surrey is also responsible for delivering major youth sports events including the Specsavers Surrey Youth Games and works directly with clubs, volunteers, athletes, schools, leisure facilities and businesses.
The CSP aims to create a ‘single system’ whereby all agencies work together more effectively to widen access, increase participation, create clear pathways and improve levels of performance. The Partnership seeks to maximise the sporting legacy from the many european and world class sporting events that are being held in the UK this decade.
This single system for sport throughout the county will enable partners and stakeholders to make best use of resources, reduce bureaucracy and duplication, and ensure that the efforts of the local deliverers are maximised. This includes: engaging with all stakeholders through our Partner Forum with representatives of each sector; Strategic/Thematic Working Groups to deliver strategic action plans and development programmes; networking events and opportunities at Conferences and Engagement Days; and effective marketing and communications to increase awareness amongst the public and stakeholders and ensure that sport is advocated to key decision makers and investment partners. This will be backed up by clear and effective performance measurement to help drive continuous improvement and to clearly track progress.
Our Vision is that Surrey continues to be the most active county in England.
Our Mission: We work together with our partners to develop long-lasting and high quality sporting and physical activity opportunities for all.
What we do:
- We strategically lead sport and physical activity for Surrey
- We deliver high impact national and local development programmes and events
- We champion grassroots sport and physical activity
Our strategic priorities are to develop 7 areas:
- Participation: Involve more people in events and activities
- Places: Develop clubs and facilities
- People: Coordinate training and volunteering pathways
- Performance: Support our talented athletes
- Partnerships: Support partners and stakeholders to work together
- Publicity: Communicate effectively with the public
- Policy: Improve delivery standards and influence strategy.
Our Culture and Values
The team has identified that Active Surrey’s culture should be:
- Innovative, adaptable and flexible;
- Collaborative, approachable and connective; and
- Structured and resilient
We commit to making a positive difference through our values. They reflect what the Partnership staff and Board believe in and see as truly important; and how we want others to judge our behaviours as we deliver our vision.
- Enterprise: Resourceful and innovative in our search for new opportunities.
- Passion: A genuine belief that sport and physical activity can improve a person’s life.
- Integrity: Accountable for our actions and operating with honesty and fairness.
- Excellence: Performing to the highest standards.
Active Surrey Partners, Staff and Board
Active Surrey consists of a number of levels – you can find out more about each level by selecting the relevant page from the dropdown under the main 'About Us' menu item at the top of the page:
- The Active Surrey Board which provides governance of the CSP.
- The Active Surrey Team - the core delivery staff.
- There are currently over 35 funding partners, and many more stakeholders/organisations supporting our work through the advisory Active Surrey Partners Forum and strategic working groups.
Active Surrey’s Reports Plans and Policies
- Active Surrey Annual Report for 2014 - 15
- Surrey's Physical Activity Strategy 2015 - 20
- Surrey's Physical Activity Strategy 2015 -20 summary document
- P&G Surrey Youth Games Impact Report 2015
- Safeguarding Policy - Play Sport, Stay Safe
- Equity Policy - Striving for Equality in Sport
The wider landscape of sport
- Department for Culture Media and Sports's Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation
- Sport England's 'Towards an Active Nation' strategy 2016-21
- Sport England's 'Coaching in an Active Nation' strategy
- Sport England's 'Volunteering in an Active Nation' strategy
- Department for Culture Media and Sport's Youth Sport Strategy
- Surrey Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy