A client can be referred if they are over 65 and:
- is at risk of falling or
- has had a fall*
- can stand up independently
- can remain standing unaided for 5 mins
* Patients who have fallen must have written or verbal confirmation from their GP, physio or other medical professional that they are physically able to take part in strength and balance classes.
- Applicants for the carer's cohort will be identified by Action for Carers Surrey
- Care home risk assessments and / or medical professionals will identify participants for the car home project
- For 1-2-1 home visits, clients can be recommended by ICP falls networks, physios, Adult Social Care and social prescribers via a referral form (download) which they send straight to the chosen instructor (details in form).