Active Surrey offer a wide range of training and deployment opportunities for young sports leaders in Key Stages 2 - 5. In addition, photography, journalism and event management experience is supported through the Surrey School Games programme.
Active Schools Leadership Pathway 2017-18
The Active Schools Leadership Pathway provides an opportunity for young people across Key Stages 1-5 to develop as leaders, volunteers and even coaches. From training through to deployment, all the opportunities below will build pupils' skills and enhance their personal development:
Primary (KS1 & KS2)
- Sports Crew Training (KS2)
- PhysiFUN Leaders Training (KS1 & KS2)
- Healthy Active Lifestyle Champions Training (KS2)
- Surrey School Games Volunteeing (KS2) - see leadership opportunities calendar
Secondary (KS3 & KS4)
- Surrey School Games Volunteering (KS3 & KS4) - see leadership opportunities calendar
- Surrey Special Schools Leading the Way (KS3 & KS4)
Elite (KS4 & KS5)
- Surrey Young Coach Academy (SYCA)
NEW for 2017/18: Gifted & Talented Leadership Academy
Aimed at nominated Gifted and Talented sport leaders, who represent Surrey’s most confident and competent young leaders.
The deadline for 2017/18 applications has now passed. The 2018/19 window will open in September 2018.
To view the pathway and to sign your young leaders up to training and events, please click here for more details.