It’s not just about a few weeks of sport next year. Find out about what is happening in Surrey to preserve the Olympic inspiration.
With 20 Olympic and five Paralympic accredited pre-Games training and preparation camps in Surrey, there are facilities and services to suit all athletes and teams. From the new Surrey Sports Park in Guildford to the National Shooting Centre in Bisley, Surrey's training facilities are world class.
The Olympic and Paralympic Games will be on Surrey’s doorstep, and with this comes new business opportunities for local companies, cultural and educational benefits for all our communities, and improvement to the health and well being of our residents. Visit the Go Surrey website to find out more.
Are you excited about London 2012 events coming to Surrey?
Can you give visitors a warm and friendly welcome to your county?
Are you passionate about your local area?
We are looking for enthusiastic local volunteers to help at Olympic events taking place in Surrey and for people who want to play their part in the London 2012 Olympic Games. Find out more about Olympic-inspired volunteering in Surrey.
Places People Play – A Sport England Initiative
We will transform the places where people play sport, making the benefits of London 2012 visible in cities, towns and villages across the country through:
- Iconic facilities - investing in regionally-signficant multi-sport facilities that will represent best practice for the sector.
Find out more about Iconic Facilities
- Inspired Facilities - modernising and extending clubs and opening up local facilities for community sport.
Find out more about Inspired Facilities
- Protecting Playing Fields - protecting and improving hundreds of playing fields across the country, preserving high-quality spaces for local people to play and enjoy sport.
Find out more about Protecting Playing Fields
We will inspire people to make sport happen at the local level, embedding the Olympic and Paralympic values in grassroots sport, through:
- Sport Makers - recruiting, training and deploying 40,000 Sport Makers as the next generation of sports volunteers to organise and lead grassroots sporting activities.
Find out more about Sport Makers
Sport Makers is a national scheme, which we will soon be launching in Surrey - more details to follow soon. If you want to volunteer now, please use our volunteer sign up page.
We will create the sporting opportunities and challenges that give everyone the chance to become part of the mass participation legacy, through:
- Gold Challenge - An independent initiative that is motivating over 100,000 adults to test themselves in multiple Olympic and Paralympic sports, and in doing so raise millions of pounds for charity.
Find out more about Gold Challenge
- Sportivate - Providing opportunities for teenagers and young adults up to 25 years to receive six weeks of coaching in the sport of their choice and guiding them into regular participation.
Find out more about Sportivate