Find us on Twitter: @BESouthEast
No Strings Badminton
Why No Strings?
- Flexible ‘Pay and Play’ sessions - just turn up!
- Adults (over 16yrs) of any age, ability and experience welcome
- Sociable, relaxed sessions at times to suit you
- Guaranteed playing partner at every session
- Sessions hosted by a friendly coordinator -packed with hints & tips
- No admin needed – we book the court & sort the shuttlecocks
- No racket - equipment provided or available to hire
To find out where your nearest Surrey No Strings session is, simply visit: www.nostringsbadminton.co.uk
BADMINTON England has been working to develop a training model to support the development of coaches, so that they can more effectively develop the players that they work with. It is well known that Coach Education courses alone will only provide coaches with a base level of skills and knowledge, so a wider structure is essential to support the wide range of coaches currently working with players in England.
The Model for Elite player Development through Active Learning (MEDAL) was developed in response to coaches wanting to engage with professional development to raise the standards of coaching in England. The MEDAL programme is broadly structured into 3 levels, to help define the complexity of the modules and enable coaches to select modules appropriate to them. A range of practical 3-hour workshops are available as well as online e-learning modules. Coaches are awarded points for completing modules in line with Badminton England’s new Coach Licence Scheme. For full information please visit Badminton England.
SmashUp Activator module
SmashUp! - Badminton England endorsed product - is a modern mix of school mates, bassline pumping music and big hitting badminton challenges that makes after school badminton court time a social hub. It's a vibrant place where the usual rules don't apply, tradition is laughed at and where the 13-16 year old players set the tempo then define the boundaries.
Are you enthusiastic, engaging and know how to interact with non-sporty school kids that think badminton is "old fashioned"? If yes then step forward. We want to equip you with the knowledge and skills to host and lead all new branded in-school sessions that feature:
• Flexible weekly session plans that pupils pick in advance
• A playlist of current music, selected by the players, as the backdrop to court time
• A choice of ‘branded’ activities (all with a modern, innovative twist)
• Different courts playing out different activities
• Mixing of year groups improving social interaction
Activator training is now in the form of an online module and costs just £10. We are currently looking for Activators in the Surrey Heath area to get involved with paid work in schools starting in September 2015. If you are interested please contact email@example.com